The World Ophthalmology Congress (WOC) is one of the largest international ophthalmology conferences, taking place every two years. The event this year was the first of its kind, held as a virtual summit due to the Covid-19 pandemic. There were over 2000 talks from world experts, a virtual industry exhibition including free papers, e-posters, live symposia and presentations. Medical retina is a subspecialty in which exciting and innovative advances in research were presented. The topics covered included the use of Conbercept for Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy, Faricimab in Diabetic Macular Oedema and neovascular Age Related Macular Degeneration (nAMD), Brolucizumab, Aflibercept and Port Delivery Systems in nAMD, amongst many others. Medical retina continues to be a rapidly advancing field within ophthalmology with new research findings having great implications for treatment burden and service delivery. This report summaries the highlights of advances within the medical retina subspecialty from free papers in WOC 2020.
- Carotid-Cavernous Fistula from the Perspective of an Ophthalmologist. A Review
- Presbyopia Management with Diffractive Phakic Posterior Chamber IOL
- Highlights of Hypertensive and Normotensive Glaucoma
- Highlights of Advances in Medical Retina from the Virtual World Ophthalmology Congress 2020
- Pupillotonia and Adie Syndrome
- Transscleral Diode Cyclophotocoagulation in Treatment of Glaucoma